With a few simple ingredients, you can transform broccoli into something dramatically different. It's packed with rich flavour, thanks to the sweet, salty, and savoury tang of coconut aminos (the paleo alternative to soy sauce). We've used Cocofina's from The Paleo Box (subtle plug our own product: check) – and while we're at it, we also used Happy Butter Ghee from the same box (double check).
Anyway, this makes the perfect side dish, and you won't look back.
1 tbsp oil of your choice (butter, ghee or coconut)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bunch tenderstem (or one whole broccoli)
Big pinch Himalayan sea salt
1/3 cup Cocofina coconut aminos (found in The Paleo Box)
1 tsp ground fresh ginger
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1. Heat your oil in a pan, over a medium heat.
2. Add in the garlic and sauté it – but be careful not to burn it. This will take less than a minute.
3. Add the broccoli to the pan, along with the salt, and coat in the garlicy goodness.
4. Heat this for five minutes until the broccoli's cooked. If needed, add some boiling water from the kettle to help steam it and speed it up slightly. Charring is ok, but don't let it burn.
5. Pour over the coconut aminos and ground ginger, and give it a good coating, and let the flavour infuse for a minute or two.
6. Remove from the heat, add the sesame seeds, and enjoy.
Get 10% off
And join the thousands of people staying in the loop with our monthly newsletter.