If you're one of the gems who ordered The Aspen Box, you're now the proud owner of a spiralizer – congrats! This gadget is a godsend, and transforms all kinds of vegetables into twirly, swirly alternatives to pasta. Whether you're wanting to cut back on carbs or sneak more veg into your diet, it's perfect – and because the thin ribbons of veg are super quick to cook, you retain tons of the vitamins and minerals. Win.
The main star of the vegetable show is Courgetti (you guessed it, made from courgettes) and it's spread far and wide over Pinterest, Instagram, blogs and mags across the world. What a slutty vegetable.
We used it to create this uber simple yet oh-my-effing-god-that's-amazing recipe.
– 3 courgettes
– basil pesto (we make ours by blitzing pine nuts, fresh basil, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic)
– pomegranate seeds
– fresh basil to decorate
– 1 tsp coconut oil (we've used Rawco, also found in The Aspen Box – more info on Rawco coming soon)
1. Spiralize the courgettes. Top tip: we find it's best to hold the courgette still in one hand, and twist the spiralizer around it with the other. You should also serenade the vegetable by singing "you spin me round right round".
2. Next up, melt the coconut oil in a frying pan, and add the courgetti. Keep moving it around for a few minutes and it will start to settle down. Chuck in the pesto and give it a good mix for another minute or so.
3. Then serve into bowls, top with fresh basil and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Then take a photo and give the attention-seeking veg the exposure it craves.
Get 10% off
And join the thousands of people staying in the loop with our monthly newsletter.