Have we taken a Middle Eastern dish, swapped chick peas for pumpkin and re-labelled it as a Halloween dip? Absolutely.
This twist on a classic is great to serve as a party snack, and fool people into thinking you're a diamond in the kitchen, but in fact, it's super simple to make. Better yet, it's paleo, vegan and gluten free.
- 1 small pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cored
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp chilli powder (we used Nude Spice hot and tangy seasoning from The Otto box)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Nigella or sesame seeds to garnish
- Virgin Olive Oil or chilli oil to garnish
1. Chop the pumpkin or butternut squash into small cubes and scatter across a pan. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes on 180. They should be cooked through and deliciously caramelised.
2. Pop them in a blender, and blitz together with the other ingredients.
3. Spoon into a bowl, and add the seeds and olive oil to make it look fancy and extra tasty. Voila!
Be the first to get exclusives (including a welcome treat) by popping your email below.